Personal Progress is a goal-setting program that helps a young woman develop a testimony of Jesus Christ and his gospel. Goals of the program are as follows:
Each Young Woman will know she is a daughter of God.
- Each Young Woman will rely upon the Holy Ghost.
- Each Young Woman will develop personal religious behaviors, such as prayer, scripture study, obedience to commandments, and service.
- Each Young Woman will keep her baptismal covenants and prepare and qualify for temple covenants.
- Each Young Woman will develop talents and skills that prepare her for her future roles.
- Each Young Woman will establish a pattern of step-by-step progress through her life.
Through Personal Progress, each young woman can develop a pattern of progress for her life that will bring her joy and happiness.
Personal Progress Handouts, Clipart, and Activity Ideas
Personal Progress Help at LDS.org
Check out these personal progress tips from LDS.org.
- Personal Progress Online
- Printable Personal Progress Booklet
- Interactive Lesson: Encouraging Young Women to Work on Personal Progress
- Frequently Asked Questions about Personal Progress
Personal progress FAQ:
When do we present value ribbons?
Ribbons are presented when they are earned, not at Young Women in Excellence. See page 90 of the Personal Progress book for verification. Many leaders present ribbons to young women during Young Women opening exercises, but they could presented privately as well.
What are the differences between New Beginnings and Young Women in Excellence?
What are the requirements for YW leaders to earn the medallion?
Requirements are different for leaders who wish to earn the medallion. You may earn the young women medallion as a leader by completing the following:
- Serve as a young women leader for one year.
- Complete the three required value experiences for each value.
- Complete the value project for virtue (read the Book of Mormon).
- Complete two additional value projects.
Yes, you read that right. Leaders complete only 3 value projects and the 24 required value experiences. You may feel that this isn’t fair — that leaders don’t have the same requirements as young women, however, consider the hours you put in preparing lessons, helping at mutual, training young women, attending leadership meetings, studying the handbook and manuals, and praying for/worrying about your girls. Also remember that you can earn an Honor Bee (or Honor Bees!) once you complete your medallion, too.
How do I Order Personal Progress Awards?
Because personal progress ribbons, honor bees, and medallions are award items, YW leaders can not place an order for these items at the distribution center or online LDScatalog.com <– that’s why you can’t find them there. Personal Progress award items, such as ribbons and medallions, are only available for order through your unit clerk’s office. If you have young women that need personal progress ribbons, honor bees, or the medallion, go to the clerk’s office and ask them to place an order.
More Young Women Ideas
LDS Young Women Leadership Helps
History of the Young Women Organization
Young Women Theme
LDS Young Women Activities
New Young Women Products
2018 Mutual Theme Bracelet Kit – Peace in Him$3.49 Add to cart
2018 Mutual Theme Logo – High Resolution / no website name
$1.99Add to cart
2018 Mutual Theme T Shirt Logo$9.99 Add to cart
2018 Mutual Theme Printable Handout Kit – Symbols$5.99 Add to cart
2018 New Beginnings Invitation – Editable – 4×6 fast print$3.99 Add to cart
2018 Mutual Theme Poster Kit – Symbols – with Bonus Memorization Set$6.99 Add to cart
~NEW~ Young Women Sparkle Value Bracelet Kit$2.99 Add to cart
2018 Mutual Theme Charm with Symbols$1.99 Add to cart
2018 Mutual Theme Bracelet – D&C 19:23 Learn, Listen, Walk, Peace$3.99 Add to cart
2018 Mutual Theme – Flyer and Invitation, symbol$3.99 Add to cart
2018 Mutual Theme – Candy Bar Wrapper, symbol$2.99 Add to cart
2018 Mutual Theme – poster kit – Fancy
$5.99Add to cart
2018 Mutual Theme – Flyer and Invitation Kit, Fancy$5.99 Add to cart
2018 Mutual Theme – handout kit – Fancy
$5.99Add to cart