23 July 2005
1. Pioneer (who crossed the plains) Family History story: Sr. Primary child.
2. Song: "Pioneer Children Sang as They Walked"
3. Pioneer Facts: (read by Sr. Primary children)
Pioneer Fact #1
Pioneers used to drink from streams. They didn't have running water like we do.
Pioneer Fact #2
Pioneers made up games to play as they traveled. Because they left most of their toys behind, they had to make their own toys from things that they found.
Pioneer Fact #3
As the pioneers traveled, they came to many mountains and hills. Climbing them was hard work!
Pioneer Fact #4
The pioneers traveled in all kinds of weather. Sometimes it was very hot!
Pioneer Fact #5
Pioneers also encountered cold so bitter that it cost many of them their lives.
4. Song: "The Handcart Song"
5. Pioneer Facts: (read by Sr. Primary children)
Pioneer Fact #6
Pioneers didn't have homes to eat in. They cooked over open fires and ate their
Pioneer Fact #7
Pioneers didn't have bathtubs. They took their baths in rivers and streams.
Pioneer Fact #8
After a long day's travel, the pioneers pulled their wagons into a circle, then built campfires. Often they sang and danced around these fires.
Pioneer Fact #9
The pioneers seldom had enough to eat. They were often hungry and had to ration food. We are lucky to have so much to eat.
6. Pioneer (who did not cross the plains) Family History story: Sr. Primary child.
7. Song: "To Be a Pioneer"
8. All Children Say: "Happy Pioneer Day!"
Tags / Keywords:
New Beginnings - Now is a great TIME to be a Young Woman Next LDS Activity:
M&M Get-To-Know You Game