Campfire Program: “My Most Meaningful Experience”;
Campfire Program: “My Greatest Service Opportunity”;
Campfire Program: “The Person Who Has Influenced My Life the Most”
Learn the gospel and build testimonies by relating experiences that involve the family or the Church.
Activate young men of quorum age by involving inactive young men in this activity.
Strengthen families by inviting parents and allowing quorum members and parents to express their feelings to each other.
Prepare for and give missionary service by involving nonmembers in this activity
.Young Women Areas of Focus
Recreation and the world of nature-
by enjoying an outdoor recreational activity.
Personal and social refinement-
by developing proper relationships with others.
Service and compassion-
by involving nonmembers or inactive youth in this activity.
People who can help
A campfire leader who can set the mood for this important activity
How to do it
1. Tell the group in advance what is planned so they will have a chance to prepare their comments.
2. Build the campfire in advance.
3. Open with a hymn and a prayer.
4. Have the leader explain what is going to be done and have him start by telling about his or her own meaningful experience (or his or her greatest service opportunity, or the person who has influenced his or her life the most).
5. When the leader has finished, have the person to the speaker’s left briefly mention some of the positive traits of the person who has just spoken.
6. Next, have the person to the right of the speaker talk about his or her most meaningful experience (or his or her greatest service opportunity, or the person who has influenced his or her life the most).
7. Repeat steps 5 and 6 until everyone has had a chance to speak.
8. Close with a hymn and a prayer.
From “The Activity Book”, Camping, pp 157-171. available from Church Distribution for $6.00.