The adorable couple you see here is my Mom and her husband–they are anxiously hoping that their mission call arrives in the mail TODAY. I have to share part of the group texting that was going on yesterday: Some of the kids (and their families) live nearby and are planning to get together for the […]
Tag Archive: mission prep
#dandc90 v11 – every man shall hear the fullness of the gospel in his own tongue, and in his own language.
… and the incredible work of preparing missionaries to speak in the languages of the world…. 15 Missionary Training Centers…
By [email protected] (Pam Mueller) Using D&C 30-36, they were to read and come up with what the Lord says about Missionaries…companions, spiritual preparation, conduct, attitude and their calling Read More Read more here:: D&C 30-36 Missionary Handbook
1. That I don’t know enough about the gospel. 2. That my friends will be offended. 3. To love, to serve The Lord and obey the commandments, to work hard.1. That I will need to speak with so many people I don’t know. 2. That someone will speak ill of something I love so much. 3. They are literal children of Heavenly Father. That He loves them. That He wants them to return home.1. Missing my family & friends. 2. Rejection. 3. Love. Service. Repentance1. Knowing the scriptures 2. That I will offend the person 3. Heavenly Father is always there for us, Listen to the Spirit, Learn to serve.1. Learning a forein language 2. Thinking I have to have all the answers instead of letting the Spirit teach. 3. Jesus lives. Love others. Repentance.1. at the time….learning the language 2. rejection 3. faith hope charity1. Not knowing the scriptures & words of Prophets well enough. 2. Lack of Confidence. 3. (1) They are loved. (2) The Plan of Salvation (3) Service1. Dealing with different cultures…even in the US. 2. That I know enough about the gospel 3. To be believers and doers in the gospel1. The time missed from college.
2. Confidence. ..none
3.be kind to others1. Not knowing enough 2. Rejection 3. That they are children of God, they are loved unconditionally, service brings joy1. Confidence I can do it 2. Not knowing how to answer people’s questions 3. Love of Work, Live & Love the Gospel#1- being away from family
#3-love of God, obedience, integrity1. I won’t know what to say
3. They are a child of God, Live the gospel, they are loved by God & us unconditionallythree teen boys answers #1having to learn a complicated language, getting kidnapped, nothing (and he’s going to Russia in February), #2 speaking, being rejected, being rejected, #3 keep the commandment-pay in cash-think it through, follow the gospel-don’t be fake-listen to your parents, pray-read the scriptures-follow the Spirit1. Knocking on doors
3. Love one another
Family is forever
You are a child of Godfrom 3 kids at home – 1a not being able to answer questions, 1b not knowing what to say, 1c being away from family; 2a not being able to explain clearly, 2b rejection/ being laughed at, 2c that I won’t sound sure or that they won’t believe me 3a – Jesus, sacrament, scriptures, 3b – Jesus, testimony, baptism, 3c – to be sober, gospel and priesthood1. Being away from family. 2. Not being able to communicate clearly in another language. Being mocked by unbelievers. 3. You are a child of God and he loves you and wants to help you. Jesus Christ atoned for our sins so we could be forgiven if we truly repent.1 – not knowing what to say.
2 – don’t want people to think I’m disingenuous.
3 – know and rely on Christ (including read, pray, etc.). Respect others. Good work ethic.1 – dogs 2 – rejection – knowing christ (atonement included), divine nature, service1. Being away from family
2. Having enough faith to be able to answer questions
3. God loves them unconditionally, atonement is real, families are forever1- Eating weird food (foreign countries)
2- Not being able to express myself
3- Integrity, hard work, live the gospel1. Getting kidnapped in a foreign country 2. Being laughed at 3. To ask1. Having to speak about personal things to strangers/getting out of my comfort zone. 2. Rejection/losing friends 3. the atonement is for everyone and they should use it! Love people more than you judge them. Have faith, you can’t see the end, but the Lord can.1. Safety of my spouse
2. Making relationships awkward
3. Love the Lord, love your neighbor, work hard1. Being out of my comfort zone nothing familiar. 2. Making things awkward (fear). 3. Relationship with The Lord, service, endure to end your family will help.1 – Being able to handle rejection of something I hold so dear, 2 – Being laughed at or made fun of for my beliefs, 3 – Christ completed the atonement for you, He lives and loves you, God the Father and the Savior truly have a plan for us so stay close to them your whole life!1. Missing family 2. Rejection 3.a) You are a child of God b) the atonement is real c) find joy as we endure to the endAnswers from my teenagers 1. Not picking up on language, Criticism from others, being rejected, blisters :) 2. people will think i’m weird, criticsm, won’t know how to answer their questions 3. Atonement is real, kindness/respect, that Heavenly Father really is thereFrom my 19 year old daughter who is about to submit her papers: 1) Being able to actually teach a lesson and finding the strength to do everything for 18 months straight without breaks 2) I don’t want to cry in front of people, I talk to fast, and usually what I say doesn’t make sense
3) know how to listen to the spirit to know right how wrong, how to stand up for yourself, and how to not judge others#1 strange Food, #2 how they receive it, #3 charity, atonement, selfworthDave says 1) Getting yelled at 2) Damaging a relationship 3) follow Christ, be loving and kind to others, work hard1. physical stamina 2. feel awkward about what best to say 3. use atonement daily, never quit trying, follow the Spirit1. Being away from family. 2. Will I be able to answer all the questions? 3. to love people as Jesus does, giving service is God’s plan, the Plan of SalvationBeing away from family, 2) saging the right thing. 3) stay close to the spirit; follow the commandments; pray, pray, pray!#1 being away from family, #2 how to start conversation about the gospel, #3 to love the Lord, to trust the Lord, that they are loved by the Lord1) Lack of knowledge…2) not being able to voice well what my heart knows and 3)Jesus is the Christ, love others, serve othersDiane could you tell me exactly how you did this? How many students do you teach? I’d like to try and do it tomorrow, if you could help me out. Thank you11. leaving family 2. someone judging me because I am Mormon 3. To have a testimony of the Gospel, recognize the spirit, choose to be happyI just tallied up what’s here so I can use it tomorrow. I came up with: Top 10 answers for questions 1 & 2 are 1.Rejection, 2. not knowing what to say/ how to answer/explain clearly, 3. missing family & friends 4. Don’t know enough about gospel/scriptures 5.being laughed at/judged/yelled at. 6.lack of confidence, 7 offending others 8 learning a foreign language & culture 9 speaking – especially to those I don’t know 10- knocking on doors & getting kidnapped. I guess some of these could be combined, but it will work for my one question family feud for section 84.
By Shauna Hostetler Shauna Hostetler : I am adapting this object lesson as there are several missionary themed lessons. One of our discussions based on this object lesson is the difference in preparation of missionaries then and now and the similarities. Refer to D&C 24:18 about going without purse or scrip back then and compare to the list a missionary now receives with his/her call. Always emphasize the similarity of…
By Gabrielle West Gabrielle West : As I wrote on Friday, our kids worked separately to answer several created missionary opportunities in honor of the “mission call week” we are reading about in D&C. Today, they learned the benefit of companionships, as they studied together the created challenges I presented them with classmates struggling with scripture study. The benefit was twofold; they worked together much like a mission companionship would…
By Gabrielle West Gabrielle West : This month we have had a ward 40 day fast in support of missionary work as well as trying to purchase land for our growing needs. In support of that effort, I divided the kids into two even groups, Group A and Group B. They were each assigned a topic and a scenario and then were asked to find a D&C scripture to correlate…
By Lynn Durkee Lynn Durkee: We are doing Gabrielle West’s missionary week and I called my kids today! I used the mission page (www.lds.org/new-era/1973/06/missions-of-the-church-of-jesus-christ-of-latter-day-saints?lang=eng) to select 20 missions and wrote each of them on one of the cards. We did #DandC32 and #DandC31, and I assured them there would be lots more lessons on missions and calls next week. I am excited to play along, although I will not do…
Recently, we decided that we wanted our Young Women Activities to have more spiritual themes. This does not mean that they have to be boring. Our latest Young Women Activity was about missionaries and missionary work and turned out really fun. We started out with a Missionary relay race. 1. Open envelope and see where […]