Teaching principles of self-reliance has become a strong theme by Church leaders during these uncertain economic times. Here are some resources for you you teach others about selfreliance:
- The Church has created a topic page on self-reliance. Click on the “Self Reliance Resources” link to find information for teaching a lesson
- In February 2009, the Worldwide Leadership Training Broadcast was on Basic Principles of Welfare and Self-Reliance. Click the preceding link to get the video, MP3s, and pamphlets for the talks.
- There is a new Interactive Online Lessons for teaching Family Finance on ProvidentLiving.org.
- Here is some information from Provident Living on Family Finances. When Sister Beck asked bishops what women in the church needed to learn, they said women needed to learn how to budget family finances and understand the implications of purchasing items on credit.
- Download the Family Finances pamphlet in your language.