“My Gospel Standards” (on the back of the “My Achievement Days” booklet) are wonderful guidelines to help us follow Jesus Christ and live to be worthy to go to the temple. Select 6 to 7 that your Primary children might need to work on. Write each standard on a separate card. Also write on separate cards situations in which a Gospel Standard can be applied. Play “Concentration” by scrambling each set of cards and turning them against the chalkboard, then having a child turn over one of each set to get a match. Post the matches together.
Possible situations for Gospel Standards (GS):
• My friend’s brother likes really loud music, and the words are awful. He said he’d lend me his CDs. [GS—“I will only listen to music that is pleasing to Heavenly Father.”]
• A girl in my class at school is taking us all to the circus for her birthday party next Sunday. [GS—“I will do those things on the Sabbath that will help me feel close to Heavenly Father.”]
• Sam dropped a bunch of money, and I helped him pick it up. He’ll probably never miss these two coins. [GS—“I will be honest with Heavenly Father, others, and myself.”]
• I love to be with my friends from Primary. They are so nice to me. [GS—“I will seek good friends and treat others kindly.”]
• When my friends play games, they sometimes swear or use rude language. [GS—“I will use the names of Heavenly Father and Jesus reverently. I will not swear or use crude words.”]
• I love to visit the temple in our area and walk around the grounds [or I love to see pictures of all the beautiful temples]. It makes me want to live worthily so I can go inside someday. [GS—“I will live now to be worthy to go to the temple and serve a mission. I will follow Heavenly Father’s plan for me.] Sing “Come, Follow Me” (Hymns, no. 116) or “I Love to See the Temple” (CS, p. 95). For younger children: Put a picture or colored border on the situations and matching GS cards (e.g., coins on both cards about honesty, or a red border around matching cards).