Submitted by: Chuck Kipp
Added: March 5, 2008
Duration: >30 minutes
****This has been my class? favorite game this year ? it really gets crazy!
Goal: Score as many points as you can for your team by finding the scripture mastery reference and shooting baskets
? Garbage can or bucket
? Nerf balls or wadded up paper balls ? different colors are best
? Chalkboard or whiteboard for keeping score
– Give one point for the first basket made on each turn
How To Play:
– Setup the room similar to the ?Scripture Mastery Chase & Dive? game diagram, with chairs lined up behind each other.
– Place a table in the center of the space and place a bucket or garbage can on the table
– Choose teams with 4 people in each.
– The person in the front is the ?rebounder?. The two people in the middle are the ?finders?. The person in the back is the ?shooter?.
– The ?shooter? on each team starts out with the ball.
– Read the scripture mastery clue. The ?finders? have to find the scripture mastery verse and raise their hands. At this point, the shooter can shoot the ball. If he/she misses, the rebounder gets out his/her chair, retrieves the ball and gets it back to the shooter. The shooter then makes another attempt until one team makes a basket.
– When a basket is made, yell ?STOP? and award that team with a point.
– Here?s the fun part and the reason I call this Gorilla Ball. Tell the rebounders that they must stay out of the way of the other teams as much as possible. They have to stay low ? it is pretty funny watching them hunched over trying to get the ball as fast as they can.
– After two scriptures, rotate everyone forward ? send the ?rebounders? to be the ?shooters?.