Submitted by: Chuck Kipp
Added: June 22, 2008
Duration: 10 to 30 minutes
***At first glance, this game doesn?t seem very fun. However, I found it to be a class favorite.
– Everyone needs their scriptures
– Scripture Mastery Cards ? Use the cards on Bro. Kipp?s Seminary Place or use the cards provided by CES ? laminated cards seem to fly a little better.
– A small table ? I use a round one from the church classrooms
– Chalkboard or Whiteboard for Keeping Score
– Try to accumulate the most points by having your scriptures open to the correct scripture mastery reference
– Award one point to each team that has their scriptures open to the reference matching the card
How to Play:
– Set up the classroom so that the table is in the middle of the class
– Divide the class evenly into 2, 3 or 4 teams.
– Begin play by taking one of the scripture mastery cards from the deck and tossing it towards the table. MAKE SURE YOU KNOW WHICH CARD YOU TOSSED J.
– If the card lands face up, all teams must ?chase?. Award points to the first team or first two teams that find the reference and have ?both? hands in the air.
– If the card lands face down, the teams must try to guess which card it is. Give them clues to help them such as:
— ?It?’s found in the first 5 SM verses?
— ?It?’s related to prophets?
— ?It has a 1 and a 4 found in the reference?
– Have the teams decide quickly and turn to the reference in their scriptures. You may want to give them a time limit.
– Go to the card, turn it face up so that everyone can see it.
– Award points to the teams that guessed it correctly.
– Cards do fall off the table and on the floor ? I play these the same way.