Members receiving assistance from the Bishop’s store house may have a variety of challenges that make it difficult to assign work to them. Here are some creative ways Bishops have adapted to allow members to serve when receiving assistance from fast offerings or other ways:
- stuff tithing envelopes
- write letters to missionaries
- clean the meeting house
- assist at a service project, either in the unit or in the community
- serve in a calling as ward/stake historian
- build a access ramp for an elderly member
- read scriptures regularly
- volunteer at the family history center
- extract names for use at the temple using http://www.familysearchindexing.org/
- serve as an usher
- help with clean up / serving at ward activities
- participate in compassionate service opportunities
- do yard work for others
With a little creativity, even members with restrictions can enjoy the blessings of serving others.
Please share your great ideas in the comments section below!