Sacrament Meeting Primary Program 2008
Shared by Teresa C.
(Children hum “I am a Child of God” lightly with the piano as Narration takes place.)
President “Each of us is born of royal birth, a child of promise, chosen from among many to be here and to earn our royal inheritance, a time, in the fullness of times.
1st Counselor: Our Father in heaven loves us more deeply than we can understand. He has said that He “numbereth his people” and that each one of us is important to Him. He wants us to return to live with Him and Jesus again. He wants us to talk with Him daily in prayer, to express our love, and to show our love by obeying His commandments.
Secretary Heavenly Father planned for our kind and dear earthly parents to also be with us in heaven where we will live together as eternal families. Just as we show love for our Father in Heaven by obeying His laws and commandments, we honor our earthly parents by loving and obeying them. I testify that each of us is a beloved child of Heavenly Father. He loves us with all of His heart.”
Song: “I am a Child of God” All 4 verses (All in English)
1.: In the Proclamation on the Family we read “All human beings- male and female- are created in the image of God. Each is a beloved spirit son or daughter of heavenly parents, and, as such, each has a divine nature and destiny.”
2. I lived with Heavenly Father before I came to earth to live with my dad, my mom, my brothers (Ryan and Austin) and my sister Kelly. This is where I got my body. Receiving a body is part of Heavenly Fathers plan for me.
3. I know that I chose to follow the Lords plan of happiness in the pre-Earth life because I am here. Knowing this makes me happy!
4. Heavenly Father has given me a very special gift called agency. This gift lets me choose what I want to do. I want to choose the right and always do what is right.
5. In my primary class, I learned that everything I do on earth prepares me to live with Heavenly Father again one day. I am happy to know I will.
6. Jesus created our beautiful world for all of God’s children. I love everything he created! Especially my little dog Ozzie!
7. I enjoy reading the scriptures with my family. In them I learn about the life of Jesus and His many stories. I learn about His love for me and how to return to live with Him and Heavenly Father again one day.
Song: ‘Tell Me the Stories of Jesus” (CS p.57)
8. 2nd Nephi Chapter 4 verse 15 says, “For my soul delighteth in the scriptures, and my heart pondereth them, and writeth them for the learning and the profit of my children.”
9. In the Bible, The Old Testament tells us of the Savior coming to earth, and the New Testament tells of His life while on the earth.
10. The Book of Mormon, Another Testament of Jesus Christ, also testifies of Him. As I read its pages, I learn how the Lord taught his children the same things I know today. In second Nephi we read “For my soul delighteth in the scriptures, and my heart pondereth them, and writeth them for the learning and the profit of my children” (2 Nephi 4:15).
11. Joseph Smith, the first prophet in the latter days, asked many important questions of the Lord, the Lord answered Joseph. Joseph recorded those questions and answers in the Doctrine and Covenants. When we read them we learn how the Lord would like us to live.
12. Teacher- Testimony of scripture study
Song: “When Jesus Christ Was Baptized” (CS p.102)
13. The day I was baptized was a special day. I felt very happy that I chose to be baptized. I was excited to be baptized and receive the Holy Ghost. I know that I had made a covenant with my Father in Heaven and he would be pleased with the decision that I had made. When I came up out of the water, I felt peaceful. I know that I can choose the right if I listen to the still small voice.
14. The 4th Article of Faith states, “We believe that the first principles and ordinances of the Gospel are: first, Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; second, Repentance; third, Baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; fourth, Laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost.” I have received these ordinances and continue to strengthen my testimony of these principles.
15. Two Sundays ago when my dad laid his hands upon me to confirm me a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and bestowed upon me the gift of the Holy Ghost, I was very happy. The Holy Ghost will prompt me to repent and live righteously. I showed my faith in Jesus Christ by being baptized and confirmed.
16. I am very grateful that Heavenly Father forgives all who truly repent.
17. Teacher- Testimony of Baptism
18. I can pray to Heavenly Father, and I know He will hear and answer my prayers.
19. I have been taught how to pray from my parents and from the scriptures.
*20. Heavenly Father wants me to pray to Him often.
*21. I can pray anytime, anywhere.
“22. He knows me and will answer my prayers in ways that are best for me.
“23. In Mark Chapter 11 verse 24 we read, “Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.
Song: “We thank Thee of God for a Prophet” ONE VERSE (Hymns p.19)
24. In the Book of Mormon, Amos Chapter 3 verse 7 we read “Surely the Lord God will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.” My favorite prophet was Pres. Hinckley, he always taught us the truth, and he was a kind person. He also asked each of us to read and pray about the Book of Mormon.
25. I know the prophet is a man of God. I know he holds all priesthood keys and leads the church exactly how the Lords wants it.
26. President Thomas S. Monson is our Prophet now. I know he is guided by the Lord to lead the church today. He teaches me what I must do to live with Heavenly Father once again, and how to have a happy family and a happy home.
Song: “Home” (CS p.192)
**27. The Proclamation on the Family says, “The family is central to the Creator’s plan for the eternal destiny of His children.” I know that I have a divine role and a divine destiny. Knowing this make me feel special and of royal birth.
28. Our home is stronger because of scripture study, family prayer and family home evening.
**29. I belong to a family of 6 children. We do lots of fun things. We’re always laughing. We play together, work hard together, learn together and rest together. This is all part of the blessings of a happy family.
30. This summer our family moved from Arizona to Ohio. It was really hard leaving all my friends behind. My mom helped me to face this new challenge. She reminded me that I always have a friend in the Savior. I’m thankful for my mom. Like the Savior, she’s always there for me. She teaches me how to make right choices, how to love and serve others and even how to make new friends! My Dad is the best! He loves to play games with me. One of my favorites is hide-and-go-seek in the dark. I’m thankful he holds the priesthood. He was able to give me a Father’s blessing before the 1st day at my new school. This gave me a warm and peaceful feeling.
31. Teacher- Testimony of family
Song: “I love to see the temple” (CS p.95)
32. The temple provides a way for the many generations of my family, past and future, to be sealed as one for all eternity. This gives me assurance and peace that I can live in heaven with those I know here, the family that lived before I came, and my posterity yet to come.
33. Child of 9 -I am nine years old, when I earn money for things I’ve done, I am glad to pay my tithing to the Lord. It helps to build temples. Today we have 127 temples with 12 more announced. I look forward to going to the temple someday and being a part of those special blessings.
34. When I am 12 in January, I will be permitted to enter the temple for the first time. Right now I am preparing to go inside by being worthy in every way to enter this very special house of the Lord. Many families are working on their family history to fulfill the promises made by the Lord.
35. Doctrine & Covenants Chapter 124 verse 40 says, “And verily I say unto you, let this house be built unto my name, that I may reveal mine ordinances therein unto my people.” Temples are beautiful. They shine with the glory of our Father above. They are His house, and His house alone. We are blessed to be allowed inside. Only the most holy of things can enter and only the most holy things happen inside. I would like to bear my testimony that temples are one of the greatest blessings we have. We should be reverent while we enjoy their splendid glory. Many who go to the temple go angry or sad. They change when they return. I should know because my mom is less grumpy when she comes back. I know this church is true and that temples are one of the many blessings of this gospel, and I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
36. Child's testimony on Family and missionary work thru genealogy.
37. Male Teacher- Testimony of Missionary Work
Song: “Called to Serve” (CS p. 174)
38. Doctrine & Covenants Chapter 4 verse 2 reads, “Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day”. I have a testimony that the church is true. I know it with every fiber of my being. I like to learn of Christ, it gives me peace and comfort. One day I hope to share this peace and comfort with others.
39. One day I would like to serve an honorable full time mission, I will serve with all my heart, might, mind, and soul. Doctrine & Covenants Chapter 18 verse 15 says, “And if it so be that you should… bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy.” For now, I will listen and learn, sing and serve until I am ready.
40. I am preparing to be a missionary with my family and individually, by praying and reading the scriptures daily. There are strict expectations of what a missionary of the Lord should be like. Obedient, faithful, diligent and schooled in the scriptures, these are all part of the armor of righteousness. As Captain Moroni fought many battles, raising the title of liberty, so do I hope to be able to stand for righteousness and truth.
41. 2nd Nephi Chapter 25 verse 26 reads, “And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies”. The prophets foretold Jesus Christ would come to the earth. The prophecies have been fulfilled. Jesus Christ was born and the children of God rejoiced. I am thankful to know that we are all children of God, born of goodly parents, born of royal birth. I am a child of God, I know this to be true, and I know that all that we have shared with you today is true. I testify that He lives and loves each and every one of us, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Song: “If the Savior Stood Beside Me”
Closing comments by Bishop
Congregational Hymn: “I am a Child of God” (Hymns p. 301) Children sing the 1st verse in French then the Congregation joins in for the 2nd and 3rd verse with the organ.