Submitted by: Chuck Kipp
Added: September 20, 2007
Duration: 5-10 minutes
Goal: Memorize one of the scripture mastery verses.
15 20 paper plates
No scoring for this game everyone should learn the scripture mastery
How To Play:
1. Write the scripture mastery verse that you want to memorize on the paper plates, 2-3 words per plate. Dont forget to write the Book, Chapter, and Verse(s) on the first plate.
2. I usually write the words on the eating side of the plate
3. Tell the class the scripture mastery you are going to be learning and introduce it if necessary.
4. Next, tell them that they will need to catch one or two plates and figure out where the words on their plates fit in the scripture mastery. They DONT need to sit in order of the scripture.
5. Next, tell them that they will be reciting the scripture mastery by holding up their plates as their turn comes, in 20 seconds.
6. Stand at the front of the class and begin tossing the plates to the students one by one try to do this randomly so the plates get really messed up. GO FAST!
7. Help pick up any plates that dont make it into students hands.
8. Count 20 seconds and say, GO!
9. Have each student hold up their plate, and read it out loud as their turn(s) comes.
10. Have them recite the scripture a second time.
11. Take this opportunity to point out key parts of the scripture mastery or ask one of the students to relate a personal experience about that scripture mastery.
12. Now its their turn to throw the plates!
13. Tell them to throw their plates to someone else in the class. Give them about 30 seconds to throw the plates and get organized.
14. Have them recite the scripture twice.
For some added fun, place a wastebasket at the front or in the middle of the room. When you are done reciting the verse, have them throw their plates towards the wastebasket. Award points or prizes for anyone that makes it in.