Submitted by: Chuck Kipp
Added: October 10, 2007
Duration: 10 to 30 minutes
Goal: Score as many points as you can by recognizing the gesture clue and finding the reference in your scriptures, as quickly as you can.
***This game needs some preparation beforehand. You will need to either review the gestures that come with the magic square or have your students come up with their own. I prefer to have them come up with their own. I had each member of my class come up with 1 or 2 gestures and write them on a piece of paper along with the reference and their name. What is a gesture? It is basically an action you do with your hands and body that represent the scripture mastery verse. For example, for Psalms 24:3-4, you stick both your hands out (emphasizing the palms), and then put your palms on your heart.
List of SM gestures
Chalkboard or whiteboard for keeping score
Score 1 point for each team where every team member finds the scripture mastery reference in 10 or 15 seconds, indicated by holding both hands in the air.
How To Play:
1. Divide the class into two or three teams
2. Tell them that this is a silent game no talking is allowed.
3. Begin by giving the gesture and then starting the timer.
4. Each team that has every member of their team with both hands in the air when time expires gets a point.
5. Reset the timer and give the next gesture.
You could take points away for any verbal sounds heard.
They may show but not tell where the reference is.