Submitted by: Chuck Kipp
Added: March 5, 2008
Duration: >30 minutes
****This has been my class favorite game this year it really gets crazy!
Goal: Score as many points as you can for your team by finding the scripture mastery reference and shooting baskets
Garbage can or bucket
Nerf balls or wadded up paper balls different colors are best
Chalkboard or whiteboard for keeping score
- Give one point for the first basket made on each turn
How To Play:
- Setup the room similar to the Scripture Mastery Chase & Dive game diagram, with chairs lined up behind each other.
- Place a table in the center of the space and place a bucket or garbage can on the table
- Choose teams with 4 people in each.
- The person in the front is the rebounder. The two people in the middle are the finders. The person in the back is the shooter.
- The shooter on each team starts out with the ball.
- Read the scripture mastery clue. The finders have to find the scripture mastery verse and raise their hands. At this point, the shooter can shoot the ball. If he/she misses, the rebounder gets out his/her chair, retrieves the ball and gets it back to the shooter. The shooter then makes another attempt until one team makes a basket.
- When a basket is made, yell STOP and award that team with a point.
- Heres the fun part and the reason I call this Gorilla Ball. Tell the rebounders that they must stay out of the way of the other teams as much as possible. They have to stay low it is pretty funny watching them hunched over trying to get the ball as fast as they can.
- After two scriptures, rotate everyone forward send the rebounders to be the shooters.