Submitted by: Chuck Kipp
Added: June 22, 2008
Duration: 10 to 30 minutes
***At first glance, this game doesnt seem very fun. However, I found it to be a class favorite.
- Everyone needs their scriptures
- Scripture Mastery Cards Use the cards on Bro. Kipps Seminary Place or use the cards provided by CES laminated cards seem to fly a little better.
- A small table I use a round one from the church classrooms
- Chalkboard or Whiteboard for Keeping Score
- Try to accumulate the most points by having your scriptures open to the correct scripture mastery reference
- Award one point to each team that has their scriptures open to the reference matching the card
How to Play:
- Set up the classroom so that the table is in the middle of the class
- Divide the class evenly into 2, 3 or 4 teams.
- Begin play by taking one of the scripture mastery cards from the deck and tossing it towards the table. MAKE SURE YOU KNOW WHICH CARD YOU TOSSED .
- If the card lands face up, all teams must chase. Award points to the first team or first two teams that find the reference and have both hands in the air.
- If the card lands face down, the teams must try to guess which card it is. Give them clues to help them such as:
--- It's found in the first 5 SM verses
--- It's related to prophets
--- It has a 1 and a 4 found in the reference
- Have the teams decide quickly and turn to the reference in their scriptures. You may want to give them a time limit.
- Go to the card, turn it face up so that everyone can see it.
- Award points to the teams that guessed it correctly.
- Cards do fall off the table and on the floor I play these the same way.