While researching for another article, I learned the New Era has suggestions for mutual activities, Service Projects, and lesson helps in addition to the ideas found in the Resource Guides each month in the "What's in It for You" section.
"What's in It for You" even has ideas for parents to use during Family Home Evening to reinforce the lessons taught monthly in Young Men's and Young Women's, and suggestions on applying the Personal Progress and Duty to God programs to the curriculum!
What a relief! It's always a struggle to come up with worthwhile ideas that apply to the lessons, and teach gospel principles.
So from now on, I'm going to have a link here to the ideas found in the New Era for the current month here, along with links to this fabulous resource in my lesson ideas pages.
Resources for LDS Youth Activity Planning
- Annual Mutual Theme - has talks, handouts, and products relating to each theme
- Search for Activity Ideas
- Find Mutual related media and documents
- This month's Mutual Activity Ideas from the New Era
- 100+ Activities - These are grouped because they are applicable for Family Home Evening, but many of them would make great Mutual Activities.
- AH CHA SHA BA has a massive list of LDS Activity locations all over the United States. These are especially good for Scout and Young Men's activities. (Click the Categories link)
- How to hold Youth Activities in a Small Ward or Branch
- Purpose of Mutual - for leaders and class presidencies
- Planning mutual events from LDS.org.
- Planning Mutual in Two Easy Steps from LDS.org.
- Tracking Posters - My neighbor in Utah had one of these, and they are great! Each has the requirements for Duty to God, Personal Progress, or Faith in God printed in detail. These are a great resource for leaders or parents to help track progress in the achievement programs of the church. They're $2.50 (US) each, or $2.00 (US) each if bought in bulk.
Tags / Keywords:
Young Women in Excellence and Skits for Recognition Night Next Article:
Purpose of LDS Youth Activities and LDS Mutual Planning