The purpose of this activity is for members to familiarize themselves with the New FamilySearch (nFS) web site (new.FamilySearch.org) while they explore their family tree.
The questions range in difficulty and subject matter. They are designed to introduce the nFS site, to help members learn about their progenitors and to spark interest in future, continued research.
There are many ways this handout could be used. Here are a few suggestions:
- as a follow-up activity after a special family history lesson or nFS demonstration
- as a part of the Family History Sunday School course
- as a preparatory activity leading up to a "Family History Night" ward activity where members could share stories or experiences
- as a Young Womens value experience
- as a Duty to God requirement
- as a Family Home Evening activity
I'm sure there are other ways the handout could be used. Be creative! Whatever the use, however, an explanatory cover sheet will probably be needed. Simply create one that outlines your objectives and gives instructions to the recipients.
Remember: Family History CAN be fun!