This idea for a one-day stay at home youth conference was provided by Russ Johnson, author of The Ultimate LDS Youth Conference Planning Guide.
Sometimes circumstances dictate the need for a quick, easy and affordable youth conference. You may have a very small budget. In some cases you may have gotten the call to take charge of youth conference on short notice. In any case, you may consider a “stay at home” youth conference. Some key points to remember:
- Stay at home and do a one or two day agenda with perhaps a Sunday fireside.
- Have the youth bring a sack lunch from home.
- Do water games at someone’s home (for a ward) or the park (for a stake).
- Do a hamburger bbq for dinner.
- Add a talent show or skits after dinner.
- If there aren’t enough youth for a dance then play night games.
- Convene the following morning to conclude with a testimony meeting.
As you can see for the price of a hamburger bbq you can put together an affordable and fun youth conference agenda on any budget. You can do a 2-day or 3-day “stay at home” youth conference agenda by plugging in the many ideas in this book.
Best of luck as you plan your amazing youth conference!