The weather is getting cooler, and it’s suddenly very nice to be outside! Autumn is a great time to plan and hold Fun October Mutual Activities. Some of these ideas shared by leaders worldwide will be great for Fall Festivals on a ward or auxilary level.
LDS activity ideas for Fall:
- Glow-in-the-dark Volley ball
- “We do small pumpkin carving night. We have a Yw Halloween party. We dress up, have games,treats and fun music. We do the corn maze. It’s not scary. It’s just fun to get lost.” Rita S.
- “We have picked apples from members trees and made apple sauce.” Rita S.
- “We’re doing a back to school bonfire (letting the youth make it and show off their fire making skills) with a fireside talk by one of our ym leaders (who is also a favorite teacher at the high school) then smores. He’s talking about the new school year and letting your light shine when it’s not always easy.” – Jennifer S.
- “Instead of a trunk or treat our ward does Pumpkin Palooza. The youth are in charge of carnival type games for the primary kids and there is a chili cook off for dinner.” Sis H.
- “We had a quick lesson on the Holy Ghost then we made cute treat plates and went and ‘Boo-ed’ people in the ward, ding dong doorbell ditch style. It was fun!!” – Teresa G.
- Flour Wars
- Water Kickball
All of these ideas can be done on a small budget and with small to large groups of kids. We recently played Water Kickball in our unit and both youth and leaders loved it!