Are you looking for information on the 2012 Mutual Theme?
Arise and Shine Forth – 2006 Mutual Theme
Here is my list of music, articles, clipart, and poems relating to the mutual theme “
“The First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve have approved the following as the Mutual theme for 2006: ‘Arise and shine forth, that thy light may be a standard for the nations’ (D&C 115:5).
“We ask that you encourage Young Men and Young Women leaders to emphasize the theme in Mutual opening exercises and other youth activities. Additional resource material regarding this theme will be available in the New Era and Liahona magazines at the beginning of 2006.” The First Presidency
The Young Men general presidency also suggests the theme be used for youth talks and thoughts and to provide focus for dance and music festivals, youth conferences, and camps.
It is expected that youth and their leaders will build on the experiences they had in 2005 to honor the Prophet Joseph Smith and commemorate the Restoration of the gospel. Youth can use the 2006 theme to explore ways to give service, share the gospel, and live gospel standards as outlined in the For the Strength of Youth pamphlet.
Jenny’s Arise and Shine Forth Resources
- Mutual Theme Introduction – has activity ideas, scriptural topics and quotes from current church leaders on the new theme. This is basically your starting point to planning activities that fit with the new theme, building on testimonies of the Restoration that were strengthened through last year’s theme.
- Arise and Shine Forth Wristbands for $1.50 – Silicone wristbands are perfect for Youth Conferences or Gifts!
- Arise and Shine Forth LED Pens – LED can be seen up to a mile away and makes a great physical reminder to let your light be a standard to the nations. $1.99 each. Blue, Green, White, or Red.
- Arise and Shine Forth Pencils – 7 pack for $2.99
- Arise and Shine Forth Bookmarks – 25 bookmarks for $4.99
- Arise and Shine Forth Poster – 12×18 inches for $3.99
- Zion Must Go Forth – lyrics and sheet music from the New Era, February 1994
- Praise to the Lamb – New Era Song with lyrics and sheet music, August 1998
- Arise and Shine Forth at DeFordMusic.com – a new song by Sally DeFord, has her trademark free sheet music and some MP3s that you can download. Available in solo, unison, or SAB versions.
- Your Right to Choose the Right – new apostle Dieter F. Uchtdorf tells us why we need a testimony and how it will motivate us to share the gospel with others. His list of 5 things every testimony should include is illustrated in my handout, the 5 testimony fingers.
- Stand Up, Lead Out – from former YW president, Ardeth G. Kapp. Has a great quote from President Benson: “We say to you, ‘Arise and shine forth’ (D&C 115:5), and be a light unto the world, a standard to others. You can live in the world and not partake of the sins of the world. You can live life joyously, beautifully. ‘Look to this day, arise in all your splendor, and bear the standards of a world-to-be!’ “ (Ezra Taft Benson, Ensign, Nov. 1977, p. 32).”
David wrote this poem to use at his ward’s Youth Conference and hopes it will be of use to others. Thanks, David!
Arise and shine forth For now is the time Start making the steps You have mountains to climb. Arise and shine forth Turn your heart to the Savior Your testimony will be measured Through your words and behavior. Arise and shine forth Just do what is right Keep the standards of Christ And your light will be bright. Arise and shine forth As a standard for all nations Your testimony today Will affect generations. Arise and shine forth And let your light shine Bring hope to the hopeless Be loving and kind. Arise and shine forth We have great confidence in you When you follow the Savior You will always stay true.
Young Men Shall See Visions by Maude Osmond Cook
Be glad, O Youth, your day is at the dawning, For you the hours stretch long before the night; What matter clouds be dark on the horizon? Beyond them glow the rays of endless light. Today the shadows may obscure your pathway, Strange roads may beckon you on every side; The bitterness of storm may bring a struggle, To make you brave whatever may betide. If deep within your heart you keep the vision The dream that nothing can erase or mar, The promise of a fairer day tomorrow, Will be for you a compass and a star. Look to this day, arise in all your splendor, And bear the standards of a world-to-be, When hate and war, distress and desolation, Give place to justice, love and liberty. (Maude Osmond Cook, “Young Men Shall See Visions,” You Left Us with a Smile, Salt Lake City: Melvin A. Cook Foundation, 1972, p. 59).
MormonAds / New Era Posters
- Blow Your Own Horn – Standing up for your beliefs can be music to other peoples ears. Don’t be afraid to let your voice be heard.
- Positive Influence – As a disciple of Christ, you have every reason to be positive. Share that hope.
- Make Waves – Even if you feel like a small pebble dropped into a big pond, your choices create eternal ripples. Make a splash by choosing the right.
- Mixed Signals – Make your standards clear so those who follow you won’t get lost.
- You are the Yeast – you can help others rise to the occassion.
- Little Reasons – There Are Lots of Little Reasons to Be a Good Example, and Someday They’ll All Be Big
- A Big Wheel – You dont need an important title or a high profile to make a big difference. The Lord has assured us that “out of small things proceedeth that which is great” (D&C 64:33). So get involved. You’ll be amazed what one good turn can do.
- Be Even as I Am – Our goal is to become Christlike. Church standards help us achieve that.
- Eternity is a long time – so take a long a friend
- Search and Rescue – millions are waiting to be found, some of them are waiting for you
- Follow the Leader – Accept the invitation to follow Him. You’ll have joy in the journey, because He’ll walk beside you.
- Self Portrait – Turn your life into a masterpiece. Pattern yourself after the Master.