You can get help on both YM and YW mutual activity planning at LDS.org’s Serving in the Church section.
Following is a list of LDS Mutual Themes, most recently announced theme first:
2010 Mutual Theme: Be strong and of a good courage
Posted August 27, 2009 — first on the web! Visit MormonShare.com frequently for theme updates and more!
The 2010 LDS Mutual theme is “Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest” (Joshua 1:9).
This year the church is releasing a DVD titled A Brand New Year: 2010 Youth Celebration that is to be used to introduce the new mutual theme and help youth focus on living the standards found in For the Strength of Youth. From the Church’s site: “Local priesthood and auxiliary leaders should review the DVD as soon as it arrives and plan to use it to introduce the annual Mutual theme in New Year’s Eve activities or other special events where the theme is presented.” The DVD will be mailed to all stakes, districts, wards, and branches worldwide in November 2009.
CLICK HERE to see a preview of the new DVD that can help you plan Preview of A Brand New Year: 2010 Youth Celebration
- 2010 Monthly Mutual Themes
- Be Strong and of a Good Courage – Program Cover
- Be strong and of a Good Courage T-shirt – OFFICIAL LOGO
- Be Strong and of a Good Courage Water Bottle Label
- Doers of the Word To Do List
- For Strength of Youth Bookmark
- For the Strength of Youth Jeopardy
- Grin & Bear It Luncheon
- want to share a bookmark for the Strength of Youth standards
- Worthy Music, Worthy Thoughts
- Download the 2010 Mutual Theme Videos at youth.LDS.org – scroll down to the bottom of the page to see the new stuff.
- T-Shirt iron-ons – The church has made some free t-shirt graphics to iron on for youth conference! (Unfortunately, the PDF from the Church only has one iron on per page, so I stole it and created one with multiples per page so that you don’t waste so much expensive iron on transfer paper.) I think mine is better (naturally), but the official one does a good job pointing out that we’re an international church.
- Download FTSOY commitment cards from LDS.org – These seem to be 3×5 inch size. Sorry — it’s again a print 1 per page thing.
- Download the music for this year’s theme. This page also has the Be Strong and Of a Good Courage CD cover art so that you can make your own professional looking music CDs for youth conferences, new beginnings, and other activities.
Be strong and of a good courage RESOURCES
- “Be Strong and of a Good Courage” Lesson
- Book of Mormon Principles: Be Strong and of a Good Courage by Elder John R. Gibson
- Youth Conference leaders will love these Be strong and of a good courage wristbands — on sale now. Use coupon code “friend” for a 5% discount on your order!
- Youth leaders can use these Be strong and of a good courage / FTSOY cards to help youth memorize the scriptures relating to For the Strength of Youth as part of their commitment to living FTSOY standards.
Click to see old theme information