Ideas for Young Women, Primary, Seminary, & Relief Society › Forums › AUXILLIARY › Youth › What are the descriptions for the colours for the YW values?
Tagged: LDS Young Women
- September 17, 2012 at 7:30 am #243362
I’m trying to find it on the actual lds.org site… any clues?
- September 18, 2012 at 2:21 pm #243365
Ardeth G Kapp, who was YW General President when the “new” values and colors were introduced, gave the following information on the meaning of the colors selected for the young women values:
“Ardeth Kapp, a former general Young Women president, says that the colors used to represent the values have no significant religious meaning. They are meant as reminders.
• “White is symbolic of purity and Faith.
• Divine Nature seems to suggest creation, the big blue sky, and all that is divine.
• Individual Worth should be bold and confident. Red fit that feeling.
• Knowledge is symbolic of green and growing.
• Choice and Accountability, two values together, is represented by putting two colors together; red and yellow make orange.
• Good Works brings sunshine, happiness, and light. Yellow seemed to fit.
• And Integrity is purple, royal and righteous.”
Caroline H. Benzley, “134 Years Young!,” New Era, Nov 2003, 24, http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=024644f8f206c010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD&locale=0&sourceId=b04351e4b66fb010VgnVCM1000004d82620a____&hideNav=1
Here’s what Sister Dalton said about gold for virtue:
“Never before has there been a greater need for virtue and purity in the world.
“The value of virtue has been given a symbolic color, like the other values. The color of virtue is gold because gold is pure. It shines. It is soft, not harsh or brash. It is precious. Gold must be refined. As you live a pure and virtuous life, you will be refined by your life’s experiences, and as you ‘trust in the Lord’ (Proverbs 3:5) and draw closer to Him, He will ‘make [your] hearts as gold’ (Roger Hoffman, “Consider the Lilies”).”
Elaine S. Dalton, “Come Let Us Go Up to the Mountain of the Lord,” Ensign, May 2009, 120
- October 2, 2012 at 11:45 pm #243364
- October 2, 2012 at 11:46 pm #243363
Thanks so much x