1) Stripling WarriorsWho were they? (Link to LDS.org resources)See OCD Chorister’s visual for the Stripling Warriors.
2) Modern Missionaries Talk about being a Missionary nowadays. 3) Learn/Sing Bring the World His Truth (#172) Sing through first and second verse a few times.
4) Stripling Warrior/Missionary Lyric Showdown
- Enlist all children to be in the “Army”. Everyone must sing for us to be successful. They will hum and march to help our “Captains”.
- Have two buzzers up front.
- Invite two children up to be the “Captains”. Dress one Captain in headband and cape, other wears a tie and missionary badge.
- Pianist plays Bring The World His Truth (#172).
- Children in the “Army” hum and march (or clap rhythm).
- When Pianist stops playing Captains race each other to buzz in first to see who knows the next lyrics
- —*Maybe keep tab marks on the board under the names“Stripling Warriors” and “Modern Missionaries”
- print OCD Choritser’s Stripling Warriors
- Stripling Warrior scripture/summary
- print out lyrics
- a headbands, a cape / a tie, missionary badge