Following are my ideas for Singing Times related to the May 2014 theme “Families are blessed when they follow the prophet.”
- Teach one of my favorite new songs, “Build An Ark.” (flip chart coming soon!) Listen to it here. Or watch Sister Janet Checchio teach the song at 2013 Primary Training here. It was printed in “the Friend,” so it’s approved to teach, but make sure to check with your Primary Presidency just in case.
- Teach the song “Follow the Prophet” with this easy ASL on the chorus.
- Try teaching verse 3 of “The Family is of God” for Mother’s Day
- or for something different, try this new song “I Am a Stripling Warrior” along with the song “We’ll Bring the World His Truth” or this Stripling Warrior activity.
- Review the songs we’ve learned so far this year with the updated cards for the Matching Game
- Discuss the fourth week theme “The prophet speaks to us at general conference,” with this activity summarizing recent conference talks and linking them to Primary songs!
- Review the Hymns “We Thank Thee, Oh God, For a Prophet,” and “Praise to the Man,” both of which the Senior Primary should have sung in recent years.