Lesson Plans: February 2014
Downloaded from: http://ocdprimarychorister.blogspot.com/2014/01/lesson-plans-february-2014.html
- Introduce the difficult words in the song “I Will Follow God’s Plan” using one of the methods described in the first section of this post. I suggest including the words “purpose,” “seek,” “direct,” and “fast”
- Teach the song “I Will Follow God’s Plan” using the flipchart and activity found here
- Or, since this month’s song is short, you might try teaching the sign language using the easy-to-follow video on the church website. (Links to the videos are on the right side of the page)
- Review the difficult words with the Secret Word Game.
- Practice this month’s song or other songs with the reinforcement activity, the Musical Compass.
- In Senior Primary, try the fun Review Puzzle!
- In Junior Primary, sing some familiar songs that go with the weekly themes to see if the Sunbeams know them. Review if necessary.
- Week 1: Heavenly Father has a plan for His children: “I Lived in Heaven.”
- Week 2: Heavenly Father commanded Jesus Christ to create the earth as a home for His children: “My Heavenly Father Loves Me.”
- Week 3: My Body is created in the image of God: “The Lord Gave Me a Temple.”
- Week 4: Agency is the gift to choose for myself: “Choose the Right.”
- Talk about the ways Heavenly Father shows us that He loves us with the Valentines Activity