I realize that April is almost over, but I’ve decided that it’s better late than never. Maybe you’ll be looking for ways to review the song and its topics later in the year.
- Teach the monthly song “The Family is of God” using the flipchart found here.
- Review “The Family is of God” with the rock, paper, scissors activity found here.
- Review “The Family is of God with the family cards found here. As the children choose a card representing a way to sing the song, ask them to listen for specific things which that family member can do to strengthen families.
- Review “The Family is of God” with a Pictionary game. As the children sing through the song, draw a stick figure family representing the family of one of the children in your Primary. See if the children can guess which family it is. Use this activity as a way to start a conversation about different kinds of families.
- Stress to the children that they have the opportunity to create their own happy eternal families. Urge them to prepare to go to the temple. Sing the second verse of “Families Can Be Together Forever.”
- YouTuber Ben Chan has written two different versions of a violin/flute accompaniment to “The Family is of God.” A video of him playing them both can be found here, as well as links to the sheet music.